All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tractor Modifications - rear view camera and waterproof loud speaker

alldaysit

5 year old buck +
e54c42ba58f92d3d7bc69b5e918d4c73.png

Just wanted to share what I've added to my tractor that I have found very useful. Maybe it could be useful to you, and even help people.

- waterproof rear view camera kit (camera, wiring harness, & 4.3" monitor - $33 total from amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Univ...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DJKWTGJGYJYY7HBACSKZ

- 100watt waterproof loud speaker with sirens and microphone ($22 - amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N...xmart+100w&dpPl=1&dpID=419UcDc4kpL&ref=plSrch

I have had the camera for a few months now and love it. It's not great, but it's worth the price. I couldn't justify spending the $300+ on the special tractor ones. It prevents looking over my shoulder significantly.

The loud speaker is very useful. I noticed last week helping clean up people's properties from the tornado that went by that I couldn't efficiently communicate with them from inside the cab. It always sucks speaking over the sound of the tractor and yelling. Now I will be able to simply speak through the microphone.

I will be adding some rear view mirrors, my rotating beacon light, and a negative "rail" on the back of the tractor, AND CLEANING UP THE WIRING. I think I also would like to add a radio

I'm thinking of buying the titan 48" grapple bucket also, but have been on the fence about just adding a tooth bar and grapple to my existing bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Thanks for the links. I've got more projects than I can handle, but I can see some uses for that camera setup.

Thanks,

Jack

I could use a speaker like that for my skidsteer. Did you wire it into the tractor electrical or use a separate battery to power the add-ons.

I could use a speaker like that for my skidsteer. Did you wire it into the tractor electrical or use a separate battery to power the add-ons.

Cool! The cab has a wired fuse panel for extra lights, heater, dome light, flasher beacon. I tied directly into the flasher beacon power supply. When I flip that switch on, which I like to every time anyway, the camera and speaker power on. I grounded into the cab with a self tapping screw for the short term, and will clean it up after the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like both the rear view camera and the speaker. I can see uses for both of them on my Kubota. I especially like the rear view camera, as I am always craning my neck around to see how the implement on the back of the tractor is working (or not).