The Land of Milk and Honey

Well, paternity leave sees me with some extra time. We had leveled (kind of ) a spot to build a new lean-to. 40x18. Yesterday I decided to rent an auger for the skidloader. One thing led to another and we got the footers poured. That ended up being a loooong day…
d9df9bc90b5ef9c5ada3d32b4eb4be35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another busy day. We bought this dump trailer about a year ago. Super handy! Today I hauled 6 loads of material to level up our pad. We will form up and pour a 2’ stem wall on these footers, then build the lean-to on top of that. Progress…
3db312df5ae309daef4d3b7eb648c5d8.jpg

How far do you have to go to get material?

It sucks the quarry is actually like 2 miles from my house, but their scale is across the river so you gotta go around.

I've put 48 tons in the driveway this spring. Much longer drive than 8 miles for us to get it so I have it delivered. Looks like you have a great setup though. I'd be scared of what trouble I'd get into with a dump trailer and a quarry that close.

I've put 48 tons in the driveway this spring. Much longer drive than 8 miles for us to get it so I have it delivered. Looks like you have a great setup though. I'd be scared of what trouble I'd get into with a dump trailer and a quarry that close.

Haha! The tailgate is a barn door style and not a flip up. I still hire a truck to come in and tailgate for our driveway. We’ve hauled several loads of scrap steel to town this year and it’s great for cleaning corrals.

A dump trailer is on my eventual list of equipment to have as well. I feel like I would use it quite a bit.