Stand siding ideas?

Garrett2006

5 year old buck +
Finished up this stand the other day & wandering if anyone has some good ideas for a material for wrapping it with? I had originally planned for tin, but figured I’d post get get some more ideas due to tin being so loud. Would have to be something flexible as it’s a round stand. Still got to add the post brackets wood floor and roof. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Attachments

• 16108A2E-0B16-4E35-8D42-690032E9AAE9.jpeg
    16108A2E-0B16-4E35-8D42-690032E9AAE9.jpeg
    533.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 79BD5E20-7DDD-4BD5-83C6-D6E8CDA54B71.jpeg
    79BD5E20-7DDD-4BD5-83C6-D6E8CDA54B71.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 4106773D-B6F8-4F20-83B1-5E51B004A5F0.jpeg
    4106773D-B6F8-4F20-83B1-5E51B004A5F0.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 64
  • A7E9C2FB-DDDF-40FB-B614-E2F666EC1276.jpeg
    A7E9C2FB-DDDF-40FB-B614-E2F666EC1276.jpeg
    533.3 KB · Views: 63
Interesting. Did you make the top and bottom or repurpose them?

Not sure what it is called but have seen stuff that is like big sheets of plastic they make some semi trailer walls with.

I also once trashed an old above ground pool and the wall was a long piece of metal. Very flexible and long enough to go all the way around with one piece.

Looks like a cool project.

Used a metal cable reel for the top and bottom. Windows and door are modeled after the banks blind. My door is slight taller and wider than the banks. Has 2” drop front to back for water run off on the roof.

Yeah, we’ve used those reels before for stands, we call them “tin cans”. We normally use metal ag panels, as they conform well to the round walls. One thing I’ve found is that the ridges of ag or r panel help with the noise vs flat sheet metal. Also, if you put weatherstripping between the ag panel and metal frame, that quiets the clanging and the metal vibration. I put two stands together this year and I used “camper seal” from lowes or hd as the weatherstripping and it worked great. It’s relatively cheap for the length that the roll comes in and it adheres really well. I put it on all metal surfaces that the panels touch. Causes the clang to be reduced to a low thud.

I know that’s not a different material like you asked for, but maybe that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, looks good, great job. I may steal the window idea from you, we normally two more reels for a wrap around window, but it’s almost impossible to get those closed in and sealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were me I think id wrap it in coil stock and put your windows in and spray foam the inside to deaden the noise.

I used corrugated plastic sheets for a metal framed box years ago. Self tapping screws with a big washers.

Used spray paint for plastic as a primer, then rolled on good exterior paint. Water proof liquid nails on the studs. (there’s is non water proof so make sure) It’s still holding up.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coropla...-Plastic-Sheet-5-Pack-COR6MM4896-WT/206084764

Lay it on its side. Hay bale stand.

I am going to be doing the exact same thing with the cable reel ends in the future. I had planned on using tin and self tapping screws. I will be following to see what you end up using and how it works out. Thanks!

Heavy duty marine vinyl or PVC. Neither are cheap but both are completely waterproof, windproof, semi snag proof, and sound deadening. Snap buttons installed with snap fasteners if you want to remove during the off-season or rubber cement if you want something a little more permanent.

I have also thought about panel siding. Some of it has a 50 year warranty. I think it would be easier to work with then steel, but I am unsure if it will form to the radius of the blind.