All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Son's first buck

nateb440

5 year old buck +
early muzzleloader season in Kentucky. My eldest (10) and I hit the woods for a morning hunt. About an hour in he saw this guy first working up the edge of the field and timber. The young buck turned and came right to our stands at 10 yards. My son was so worked up and shaking that he missed a clean broadside shot at 10 yards!!! The buck took a few leaps and stopped at 35 yards. He thought he hit him and he kept whispering "go down, go down." After a couple seconds, I realized this buck was not hit. I grabbed the gun (my son was on another stand on the opposite side of the tree) and tried to reload as quickly as possible. By this time the buck had us pegged so every time he looked up I had to stop moving. Took an eternity it seemed to reload the CVA accura, but I got the cap in and handed it back to my son. Second shot was the ticket and he put him down in his tracks. A healthy young 8 pointer. Great memory as I'll never forget the cheering and high fives. Proud papa. Still working on getting my middle son on his first deer . IMG_1495.JPG

That's an awesome smile. You have yourself a hunting partner for life...

^^ awesome smile for sure. He is hooked

Nothing better than a smile like that!

Congrats to the young man!(and dad too! Looks like the lad might be hooked!)

Awesome! Congrats. Was this recently?

Smile says it all. Congrats to your son and to you for getting him started !!

It was in October. Just joined the forum and thought I'd share.

Great job. I saw those leaves and couldn't imagine Kentucky still had leaves on the trees.

Great story

Great story and first deer. Nothing needs adding to that smile;)

Congrats!

Congrats to your son!

Congrats your son merked! that deer =)

That smile says it all! Great job!

Great job!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fun times, good buck congrats