Soil Sample Analysis Service

Tree Spud

5 year old buck +
Just found out my local co-op does not do soil sample analysis. Are there any companies that any one can recommend?

i get mine done at Agway

I got lazy and bought a kit on amazon from WI. I sent it off and the results came back in just a day or two, via email

Grandpa Ray Outdoors... John will help you with the sample analysis if you are interested in that as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I got lazy and bought a kit on amazon from WI. I sent it off and the results came back in just a day or two, via email

Sorry ... website link?

How were the results and analysis they provided?

Look up A&L Labs.

Just found out my local co-op does not do soil sample analysis. Are there any companies that any one can recommend?

Check out your state university labs. I use Virginia Tech soil lab. They do a great job and basic testing is free for commercial entities like our pine farm. They are pretty thorough. They ask the soil type ( you can get it from NRCS), when it was last limed, what the previous crops was and the yield (for N credits), and such. There is an extra charge for OM level testing, but they provide every other measurement and estimate I've seen on other lab results.

Sorry ... website link?

How were the results and analysis they provided?

Analysis was basic; PH, CEC, Organic Matter, P&K requirements, lime recommendations

The results came back QUICK. I think they look accurate, judging by the change from the last time I did a sample and the inputs I'd broadcast between the two. The first sample I did through Grandpa Rays and I was happy with that service too. It was just simpler to do it through Amazon.com on a whim, and fast. A couple of results were strange compared to the first testing I had done. CEC was wildly different, from 21 to 11 for example. But since it's only my second test, I don't have a trend to look at. And, it might have just been the way I took the soil samples. I dunno.

I'm happy with it. I'm a deer hunter, not a food farmer. So, it suits my purpose well.

Link- https://www.amazon.com/Whitetail-In...s=soil+sample&qid=1562164161&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I go thru our local coop but they send it off to Rock River Labs in Watertown. They do have a website you can check out.

Whitetail institute testing kits are what I get. They are kind of expensive (15$) but you are only doing them once a year per plot so not a big deal to me. They get you accurate results back typically in days after they receive the material. They have always worked for me so it is what I will stick with unless my local coop starts doing testing.