Smartweed termination

Ck1084

A good 3 year old buck
Just a quick question for those familiar with smart weed. I bought Imox and had very good success with saving a small clover plot that was taken over by smartweed this summer. Through neglect I have another small kill plot that is completely taken over and the plot is a total loss. Should I spray the smartweed and plant clover/rye or can I get away with just mowing it off and planting my rye/clover combo? I don't want it to spread anymore, but I wasn't sure if it was even worth spraying at this point. I would have to do it this upcoming weekend all in one shot as I won't be back again until Oct for bow season.

Smartweed is a summer annual. It will be killed by the first frost. I'd guess most of it's seed production is finished for the year. Hence, given you plan, spraying will be a waste of time and money - this year. Plant your clover / rye and get it started. In the spring, after the clover hits its first tri-leaf stage spray the plot with IMOX.

Thats what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. At $150 a quart I didn't want to waste any. Thanks.

Imox smoked most of my smart weed.

Got some that came back. I’m figuring the same thing. I’ll hit it again in the spring.

Dig some of that smartweed up and bring it to my place.