Seems reasonable

Is there access? I don't see anything marked on the map. This might be landlocked and the only way you can get to it is with a helicopter or to talk one of the adjoining landowners into selling you an access easement(good luck with that). The other caveat is depending on what specific things are written into that Conservation Easement contract, it may state that there can be no building or cutting of trees whatsoever.

Is there access? I don't see anything marked on the map. This might be landlocked and the only way you can get to it is with a helicopter or to talk one of the adjoining landowners into selling you an access easement(good luck with that). The other caveat is depending on what specific things are written into that Conservation Easement contract, it may state that there can be no building or cutting of trees whatsoever.

Don't know, not a land buyer right now so I just posted it for anyone looking. I'm sure it's not landlocked being an agent is has it listed.

I checked the realtors website, it says access is through a field road, which could mean a lot of things. I'm betting their is no building for sure, and possibly no tree cutting as well. At under 2G's an acre and surrounded by farmland, it could have a ton of potential. They had a nice wide buck photo on the realtors website, and a bear as well.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, pretty much what happened on the back half of my old man's place, only it wasn't a private landowner denying access, it was the county denying us the ability to drive the 1/2 mile back across the clearcut logging road to reach our place after 25 years of letting us use it.:mad:

Looked at the GIS map and I see no legal easement. Access seems to be via a developer's property.

I wonder if the Conservation Easement agreement would allow the installation of a helipad?;)

Conservation easements are a tough one. Current owners were paid--basically full price or near it for the easement.

Buyer must fully understand the restrictions!

I put a farm into an easement and they paid well, but restrictions come with it, and value of land drops considerably.

Whats the website address?
I had to look up the listing realtor. Elite realty out of Eau Claire. I can't remember the guys name offhand and I'm on my phone so I can't check the browser history.

Conservation easements make great neighbors - I wouldn't want to be the second owner of one.

It's a great FU to your benefactors if you have some greedy mooches waiting for you to keel over though. :D Kinda like a reverse mortgage on vacant land.

Conservation easements are a tough one. Current owners were paid--basically full price or near it for the easement.

Buyer must fully understand the restrictions!

I put a farm into an easement and they paid well, but restrictions come with it, and value of land drops considerably.

I know this is old, but how was the tax situation with land values lowered?

Right now MN does not lower property taxes due to easements, but that may change or it may have already changed.

A few reps thought ..."why should they get a tax break when they were paid good $$ for the easement"

That makes sense.

I've been doing some reading on RIM/WRP. How long must you own a property for land to be eligible for RIM? does it have to be farmland or can you enroll your entire property that includes trees, grass, crop, etc? I read it's 60% of market for non farmland, and 90% for farmland.

what are the pros/cons of RIM vs WRP?

if I should start a new thread just let me know. Figured I'd ask these questions as I think I read that you were familiar with the RIM program?

Start a new thread and I will give you as much as know about both programs

Start a new thread and I will give you as much as know about both programs

New thread under general section