Red fleshed apples

sandbur

5 year old buck +
Which ones are you growing and in which zone?
28e5b84ac43171ecf6f5a1207f710274.jpg

Any comments on disease resistance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An apple grower with over 1000 varieties has been supplying red fleshed apples to some researcher. He suspects red fleshed have some anti cancer properties in research not yet published.

Just this spring, I started a Redfield in a pot, then did a fall transplant to our camp in southerntier in NY (zone 5b) . It bloomed and set fruit in it's first year, so I left one apple to mature so I could see what it looked and tasted like. Although I did not think to take a picture, the flesh is red throughout, just as in your picture. The taste is not to my liking, kinda dry tasting, but I got it becasuse it is a little unique and it is for the deer anyway. It's probably better for cider than eating. It's still very early, but so far so good.
2018 08-27 a.jpg

I have redfield and almata and will be grafting Roberts crab (courtesy of GRIN) this spring.
The redfield is definitely not any good for eating but it's a beautiful apple with really cool coloring and distinctive colored leaves.
Should have my first almata next year.

I have redfield and almata and will be grafting Roberts crab (courtesy of GRIN) this spring.
The redfield is definitely not any good for eating but it's a beautiful apple with really cool coloring and distinctive colored leaves.
Should have my first almata next year.

I had my first Almata this year.
7fa4121f1c98a2bdad922bf3d2ff2026.jpg

I have three red field apples that will be going on their third leaf next year. They made it through their first miserable winter in great shape and put on a ton of growth this year. I don’t know what I will use them for but the deer will eat them. I am in desperate need of late hanging fruit because all my local trees except one are done dropping by oct 1st. I know you also have Kerr, I have only had a couple apples but are they reddish as well?

I have three red field apples that will be going on their third leaf next year. They made it through their first miserable winter in great shape and put on a ton of growth this year. I don’t know what I will use them for but the deer will eat them. I am in desperate need of late hanging fruit because all my local trees except one are done dropping by oct 1st. I know you also have Kerr, I have only had a couple apples but are they reddish as well?

a4df3d374b0fe6dbf715890198c731f8.jpg

The round buckets are Kerr.
The red cider above is from the Kerr. Very ripe dolgo or Kerr can have a bit of pink coloring to the flesh. Running the Kerr and dolgo through the garbage disposal before pressing leads to a pink color. Probably from the dark red skin.

430289fa04fe15d109ad12bee6beeb3d.jpg

Dolgo apple sauce would be hard to distinguish from Kerr.

I also have a winter red flesh that appears to have fruit Spurs. Maybe pictures by next year.

From looking at some older posts, it appears that B118 is a red fleshed crab.
I have some about 7 feet tall and would like to get some fruit.

From looking at some older posts, it appears that B118 is a red fleshed crab.
I have some about 7 feet tall and would like to get some fruit.

I have a bunch at my remote property that will be on 4th leaf this year. I have no plans to graft them over. They are growing great so I am just going to leave them alone.