Raising a man

momatt

5 year old buck +
I find the land provides a lot of opportunities to build a young mans confidence. Getting his first buck at 9, blacksmithing, woodworking, trapping, building stuff. I set him up in a field on the dozer, gave him a little instruction and treated him like I would any adult, of course he can do it. Next thing you know he is skidding logs like a pro.

Outstanding. Respect, morality, love & knowledge begin at home and our country would be better off if every parent took your approach. Work & family keep us in the suburbs but my daughters have been enjoying the farm(s) since they were little. Learning that heat doesn't always come from a furnace nor food from a grocery store is something that has to be experienced to appreciate.

Wish every kid had these opportunities. Good for you. He will be a better more confident man.

How did u get him to put the iPad down? ;)

That is great! It will serve him well for a lifetime.

Heck yeah! Kids raised like yours will have a huge advantage over these iPad raised kids! My dad had a saying "the sooner I start treating like an adult the sooner you will start acting like one". My oldest is 5 and he rides on my lap contolling the zero turn mower regularly hope he takes to a high lift some day too!

My old man made me a man when he booted me out of the house at 16 years old!