All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality water pump?

TMIL

5 year old buck +
I'm looking for a good quality water pump to fill a barrel to take around and water fruit trees. There are 2 old wells that usually have water, but I might need to pump from the old dirty pond sometimes. It won't be used a lot, but I want to get something that will work when I need it, with some provision to filter out any crap (a screen over the intake?). Also 12vdc powered by the 4 wheeler or tractor. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Sump pump for water in the basement issues, or I am sure most transfer pumps are rated for dirty water. I cant help with a specific brand if that was what you were looking for? You can sink a small barrel in your pond that is screened in spots. Easier to pump from the barrel than screening just the end of the intake hose.

12vdc doesn't offer many choices. The best I can come up with is a decent Atwood bilge pump for a boat.

Google rv water pump and or gray water pump. Looks like they have some cheap and some double in price, also inline screens for 1/2 hose.

Attwood, or pumps from Northern tool. Just picked up two 5.5 gals per minute pumps, last one lasted 10 years. If pumping be sure to use a screen of some sort. Stay away from Fimco!!

Last edited:
get yourself something like this, decent gph, and get an inverter to run househould current off the quad...... 400 watt unit should do it. It is the same pump I use to fill my sprayer from the creek when I spray gly.a length of 1" ID flexible hose and you are good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/Beckett-Corp...42677&sr=8-1&keywords=beckett+water+pump+w800