All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portable firewood rack

Gator

5 year old buck +
Not sure my question was seen very much on the other firewood thread looking for ideas for this but this is what I ended up making. Idea found on youtube. Just three pallets with two crossbraces across the top. Surprisingly sturdy once the wood is in there.

IMG_5289.JPG

That's pretty darn slick!!! Now if I just had a FEL on my tractor at home...

Nice. What's your estimate of how much wood that rig will hold? I store about 6 cords of firewood in my garage each fall and winter and have been thinking about doing something similar so I can store it outside and simply bring in a pallet when I need one.

Nice. What's your estimate of how much wood that rig will hold? I store about 6 cords of firewood in my garage each fall and winter and have been thinking about doing something similar so I can store it outside and simply bring in a pallet when I need one.

Those are small pallets so the internal dimensions are 42w x 36h and I get two rows deep of wood so maybe 1/4 to 1/3.

The pallets are free so I can make as many as I need. Just a few nails and the gas to go get them is all I have in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are small pallets so the internal dimensions are 42w x 36h and I get two rows deep of wood so maybe 1/4 to 1/3.

The pallets are free so I can make as many as I need. Just a few nails and the gas to go get them is all I have in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gator. Might have to think about something like this.