Planted Today

Early Bird

5 year old buck +
I came down to the property for a couple days of work which included planting my one acre plot. My 9 year old and I worked on a couple of things early today and decided we would plant on Saturday. I'm trying not to overwhelm him and ease him into everything. So we were sitting in a restaurant having lunch around 2 pm, I happened to check my phone and they upped the 20% chance of rain to 60%. So I explained that to my son and he said we better go get it done now. We left the restaurant and headed back to the property, we got there about 3pm, took the quad back to the plot and lightly disced, cultipacked, spread Rye, Med Red Clover and Radishes, cultipacked again, spread fertilizer and left around 6pm. Within 30 minutes the rain started and probably had two hours of on and off rain. Long story short we caught a huge break and we are excited to get rain that quickly. Great day with my son and he gutted it and I am so proud of him. On the way back he said "this is the best weekend ever". Awesome day!!

RayIMG_2414.jpg

You gotta love when it all comes together like that. I'm trying to gently ease my youngins in too.

Last edited:
Making memories, great day!

Love to see 'em starting young! I started my fall plant as well. I've been min-tilling for the last two days. I'll probably finish with that tomorrow. I'll broadcast and spray over the next couple days.

I was really pushing it since my wife has us planned to go to a small island in the bahamas for a week. We are scheduled to fly to florida on Tuesday, but from the looks of Dorian, I may get more time to work at the farm than I thought.

Love to see 'em starting young! I started my fall plant as well. I've been min-tilling for the last two days. I'll probably finish with that tomorrow. I'll broadcast and spray over the next couple days.

I was really pushing it since my wife has us planned to go to a small island in the bahamas for a week. We are scheduled to fly to florida on Tuesday, but from the looks of Dorian, I may get more time to work at the farm than I thought.
I would bet you are right. Probably a good idea to steer clear!