All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New job

Telemark

5 year old buck +
So I got a new job as a gardener at a garden center here in Norway. So far it's awesome. I unpacked about 10 pallets of fruit trees and a few crates of berry bushes. Berries in the Ribes genus are very popular here. We have some Saskatoon and honeyberry. Fruit varieties are mostly European with a few Canadian and American varieties in the mix. We have dogwood in 4 different colors, which has been banned effective next year. Lots of ornamental stuff too. Looking forward to learning all about this stuff and planting a huge orchard. Got a few Red Melba trees for free as well as a Lava quince due to damage that made them unsellable. I got a bunch of chipped flower pots too. I also get a good discount, so I picked up some Fiskars L77 loppers and a bunch of vegetable seeds to put in the free pots. Been killing time working around the yard/garden putting things into place. Now I have quite a collection of fruit and berries around the house and access to all kinds of scions. Bummer I can't find rootstock here.

Congrats, im sure that job will allow you to see things under a different light! Hopefully you gain some great information and the deals too.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Should help me a lot in the future.

Congratulations!
sounds like a good gig.

Congrats!!! I was a landscaper and greenhouse guy for quite a while. Built a lot of yards and a ton of koi ponds, got really good at stone work also. It was a great job and very rewarding. Congrats again, you'll love it.