All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New construction cost in Northern Wisconsin

We did the same thing ... foam insulation, in floor heating, and then 5" of concrete. Foam insulation around the foundation also.

We keep the thermostat at 60 deg F all winter and I can work in sheet sleeves inside. Two floor drains in the main barn and one in the work shop was a really a good idea.

View attachment 22122

One thing I didn’t insulate was under the footings. I’m not sure why I didn’t think of it before we poured the concrete, but I did like you and applied foam to the outside of the concrete, and then I payed a sheet of 4x8 all the way around the outside. I’m sure it will be fine with out the foam under the footings, but it would have been nicer to do it.

One thing I didn’t insulate was under the footings. I’m not sure why I didn’t think of it before we poured the concrete, but I did like you and applied foam to the outside of the concrete, and then I payed a sheet of 4x8 all the way around the outside. I’m sure it will be fine with out the foam under the footings, but it would have been nicer to do it.
If you lay a sheet all the way around then insulation under footings is really not going to gain much anyways since the grade beam or footings is frost protected by the horizontal sheet at grade anyways.