All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Redneck Irrigation!

M

MoBuckChaser

deleted

Attachments

• DSCN0466.JPG
    DSCN0466.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN0468.JPG
    DSCN0468.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN0467.JPG
    DSCN0467.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0470.JPG
    DSCN0470.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0471.JPG
    DSCN0471.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Mo after the last 3 years we're due for a good August in MO.

Nice set up though. I'm curious how it works and how long it feeds the trees. I have way to many to do that with its Mother Nature or die for me.

Is your system gravity flow or do you have a pump to maintain pressure in the lines?
Wayne

MO - you fill the large tank off your gutters or some sort of catch system?

How long is the run from tank to end of line? I built a cart with the same tank nice units !

I tried same type of set up with a 50 gal barrel and a soaker hose didn't work well. Looks like drip line is the way to go. Is that a sheet rock screw? Or what size hole to you recommend ?

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was thinking of something similar for next year - I will probably pump water out of a pond to fill the tank, but I haven't looked at pumps or filters yet (I have the tank). I was thinking about adding a smaller size line to encircle the tree, but not sure if that would work. My goal would be to provide about 3 gals per tree per week for two weeks, for about 40 trees. Normally, I am onsite every two weeks during the summer.

Thanks!

I wish!

I see we have 10 days of hot, dry, windy weather already!

Yea, my brassica seed is going to just lay there and get a suntan.

i'm ripping off this idea. guaranteed. i love it. 3 of my 4 apple trees i planted last year are now dead because i can't get up there to water them. bought the 275 gallon tanks last year. i have everything i need.

thanks for posting

Hey Rack, how is it going? We have not seen you on here for a while. How are the food plots coming?
funny you should ask. i just posted something about why i haven't been on here. it's been an insane summer. it's laughable. every time i think i'm going to make it up north for a weekend something happens. there's been about 4 or 5 times where i thought i was going to spend the weekend up north and then friday afternoon something happens. bags packed and everything. I've been staying off here because it's depresses me :)

i haven't done anything with food plots outside of dropping a bunch of money with you. i think the beans will have to wait until next year, i should still have decent germination right? I was thinking to just put it on a little thicker next spring.

outside of my fall food plots my next project will be your watering system here. i just ordered some garden hose adapters for the 275 gallon totes off ebay.

Sorry to hear all of that! The seed should be fine! Make sure you use a non collapsing style of hose that will hold its shape. Good luck with the watering system!

it's all good. the family is having a blast this summer. at some point i'll get back out there.

good tip on the hose. i wouldn't have thought of that. i was just going to put the totes by the trees and use a 5 gallon pail to water the trees. this is the way to go for sure. it's so typical for a farmer to come up with something like this.