My Girl’s First Buck - Kicker Goes Down

DrDirtNap

5 year old buck +
My Daughter Got a Good’n
Two days before Thanksgiving my daughter comes home from college to go Deer hunting. We try to hunt a few times together every year. On our farm there are two bucks on the hit list. We were set up overlooking a food plot of oats and brassicas. The Deer had been hammering it pretty good the last two weeks. One of the hit list bucks had been visiting this food plot in afternoons close to sunset.
We didn’t see any deer until about 30 minutes before sunset. Three does. Then another doe. It was getting dark fast. Finally, with only five minutes or so of shooting light left, we saw a large bodied deer emerge from the tree line and head towards the food plot. It was not the buck we expected, but it was “Kicker”, the other buck on our hit list! Kicker came in the food plot and began to feed. My daughter couldn’t shoot yet because of some standing sunflowers on the edge of the field. Finally, Kicker took a couple of steps and she made a great 130 yard shot. The buck only ran about 30 yards. Awesome how this hunt worked out! I am so thankful my daughter was with me to harvest a beautiful buck that we have a long history with on our farm.

ab789bbb39fd0c40f883e20696803b8a.jpg

53d5b671820a98368202705095455eab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum
http://deerhunterforum.com/index.php?posts/78638/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful first buck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Beautiful first buck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you Jimmy G. She’s mighty proud of him.

Great story, great buck! Heck of a first deer.

Heck yeah!
That's a great deer. And she seems quite happy about it...

Great deer

Very nice! Congrats to the both of you.

That’s a dandy !

Lucky girl! What a super buck.... no matter what one it is!

Congrats to her! Great buck

Awesome, congrats to her! Gonna be hard to 'go bigger' next year - wish I had a similar problem!

Awesome! Can’t wait to hunt with my daughter! Thanks for sharing!

Just saw this thread - WOW !! That's a nice buck. If that was one of 2 on the hit list ……………. we can only wonder what the other buck looks like. Congrats to you both !!

Thanks for yer comments everybody! It’s been a good deer hunting year for us that’s for sure. We’ve been blessed.

Here’s Mr Wide, the other buck on our hit list. I took him on DEC 11. He’s an old warrior. I’ve got several years of pictures of him all over the farm. I feel like I raised this deer. It was really bittersweet to take him.

da6dfa63de887d969f8864a2114d4711.jpg