Muzzleloader Opener

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
We saw 12 deer yesterday morning and 11 yesterday afternoon. However, none this morning - guess why.....

nZ4CTxj.jpg

Nice. I kinda miss my KY farm, I always enjoyed the ML weekend.

We had an exciting afternoon. This 10 point came under our tower blind about 30 yards away. It was a tough call, but we felt like he could possibly be a 3 year old, so we let him go. He was making a bee line to a group of does we had been watching, and he came out right in the food plot where they were. They scattered like rabbits.

C4abLP2.jpg

You know your deer but AI would bet 4 from what I can see in brisket and neck

Not many guys could let that one walk...in their defense, not many guys have deer like that to hunt.

I hope he makes it for you. Frustrating to let one walk never to see him again.

Hard angle to judge from, but I hope you are rewarded by passing.

Thanks guys. This is the biggest deer we have ever let walk. I left it up to my son to make the call, and he decided to let him go. I sure hope this works out and we can get a look at him next year.

Nice deer native! I hope your neighbors don’t kill that deer. Whenever I pass on a deer that’s what seems to happen to me. Good luck to you this deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice deer native! I hope your neighbors don’t kill that deer. Whenever I pass on a deer that’s what seems to happen to me. Good luck to you this deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, and best wishes on your season too. Sometimes it pays off and other times it doesn’t. Two years ago we passed a 130 and the next year he was a 170. That one is now hanging on the wall.

Last edited:
Get rid of them coyotes and that’ll help keep him there! He only looks 3 to me. If, in your mind, he needs another year, then he needs another year. You’d always look at him on the wall and think, what if...

Heckuva pass N.H.! If he's a 3 then I really think you did the right thing. No risk no reward. Good chance he's a booner 10 next year. I like passing the 3 year olds, too. Good luck this season.

Very nice buck NH, I am not to your level of self restraint yet on that one!
I definitely have my weak moments even though my intentions start out good......

Congrats on the yote!

Have any more recent pics? I struggle with summer pics especially from that angle. One thing for sure if you shoot him this year he won't get any bigger next year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have any more recent pics? I struggle with summer pics especially from that angle. One thing for sure if you shoot him this year he won't get any bigger next year

Yes, here are some more recent pics of him. He looks older than 3 in the first two pics and looks 3 in the last two pics...

MrCKvZW.jpg

N5TIGHn.jpg

6y61Mez.jpg

PYE5RyJ.jpg

I concur ( not that you need it) on 3.5

Darn..

Sorry Steve
Tough to let deer like that walk knowing others don’t have the same goals