Looking for planting recommendations

Turkey Creek

5 year old buck +
I know most of you live in areas where soil pH tends to be on the acidic side. However, I am looking for input from folks that have soil pH around 7 - 7.5 also if you are in a fairly dry climate that would be a plus as well. The Kansas guys are probably going to be the most likely source of info, but if your conditions fit feel free to chime in. What native plants, shrubs, trees, etccc have done the best for you when you have PLANTED them, not growing wild in your location? Thanks

American plum, common chokecherry, nannyberry

Bur oak, native cottonwood, Easter red ceder, rocky mountain juniper

Probably the best growers on my alkaline soil.

Chinkapin oak also does ok. Persimmon, honey locust, and eastern red cedar are the only other trees I have seen tolerate it. Pines wont, no fruit trees that I have planted will, sawtooth wont. That soild grows grasses great.

Chinkapin oak also does ok. Persimmon, honey locust, and eastern red cedar are the only other trees I have seen tolerate it. Pines wont, no fruit trees that I have planted will, sawtooth wont. That soild grows grasses great.
Unfortunately I found that honey locust likes it all too well! Spent a couple of years eradicating them off this piece of land. Want to plant some things to increase the diversity, that arent already present or have been out competed and are no longer present on the site now. I have red cedar already so I know they will grow but a guy only needs/wants so many of them.

Bur oak, persimmon, SWO, Shumards oak, and Deer Pear are my best so far. I’ve only had one sawtooth that has done anything.

American Plum, Golden Currant, and chokecherry are doing the best right now shrub wise.I planted Service berry last year that hasn’t done much.

Turkey,
My dad has sawtooth that are producing reliably and have for yrs. I've planted them and they are growing well. In fact all the oaks ive planted seem to grow well. Chinese Chestnut are also surviving and growing well but I suspect not as well as what people in other parts of the country are seeing. I have Che that are growing well. I've planted Elderberry that have done great. DCO that I've planted are growing well after a couple of yrs of creep.

I'm sure there is other stuff out there that I'm not think about...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The most vigorous tree/shrub I have planted to date is American hazelnut. I can just plant them and ignore them, I swear they would almost grow in concrete.
For regular tree with zero maintenance pinoak would be my best.
As far as plant it has been chicory.

All seem very drought tolerant grow in a crazy wide range of soils full or partial sun and will thrive even if ignored.

It’s funny. Most of my pin oaks have done nothing. They are still alive in the tubes just not doing much.