Lets see your plots

BuckSutherland

5 year old buck +
Here are a few pics of mine. Has not been an ideal season for corn. Just too damn much rain. My corn is running out of nitrogen. It gets flushed out with excess rain and corn roots stay shallow. Running short on GDUs for some of the longer season corn. Corn is very slow maturing this year. Will be LOTS and LOTS of corn standing during hunting season across the corn belt this year. Tomorrow I go to war with raccoons. They are destroying my corn bad in some places.

My little 7 acre proving ground is in beans this year and look PHENOMENAL, but it might be too good. Beans are up to my sternum and the thick canopy promotes white mold. It kills yield. The mold is just starting. If conditions get really wet it will spread like wildfire. They are loaded with pods and have big potential. The rest of my beans are just average. Plenty of poor looking crops in the area. Have been seeing quite a few deer lately.

IMG_6050[1].JPGIMG_6053[1].JPGIMG_6072[1].JPGIMG_6073[1].JPGIMG_6075[1].JPG

Those aren’t plots - those are fields! I’m kidding of course. Beautiful pics! Here are my little plots From early summer. My fall plots won’t go in for a couple more weeks.
DEF912BD-A787-47A4-A20D-1DDC78DFB98F.jpeg44E9094C-313C-4992-8DBC-F945D19307A1.jpegDB49FE88-E51C-4790-BB2F-F5F8BF16D571.jpegB00EF0B1-BFE3-41A7-B280-4FA03D37E2E2.jpeg0F5D9043-A20D-4AA7-8E3E-AEACF42959FB.jpeg

This is one of my ditch farming plots. Being eaten hard right now despite a corn field 200 yards away.

Qa9ylER.jpg

This is one of my ditch farming plots. Being eaten hard right now despite a corn field 200 yards away.

Qa9ylER.jpg
Whats growing in there?

Jewel Weed

So I just found this site! I see I am not the only Food Plot addict! Whoot!

So I started my first clover food plot last spring and here it is this year.

It was also my first deer kill with a bow on that same plot.

This year I fired up 2 more food plots, I got the bug bad! LOL

Qa9ylER.jpg
How in the world are you getting it to grow. I have it in my wetland, and they are KILLING it. Nothing gets to seed. It took me 2 years to finally find out what it was. At least I know not to spray it when I'm trying to open up space for duck planting.

How in the world are you getting it to grow. I have it in my wetland, and they are KILLING it. Nothing gets to seed. It took me 2 years to finally find out what it was. At least I know not to spray it when I'm trying to open up space for duck planting.

I have moderate deer numbers and an abundance of many different foods. Everything gets eaten but nothing gets completely wiped out. C

Whats growing in there?

Jewelweed, honeysuckle, ticktrefoil and some other good things. None of it is planted. I’ve taught myself an important lesson about native habitat - sometimes what you kill is more important than what you plant.

So I just found this site! I see I am not the only Food Plot addict! Whoot!

So I started my first clover food plot last spring and here it is this year.

It was also my first deer kill with a bow on that same plot.

This year I fired up 2 more food plots, I got the bug bad! LOL
Welcome!

My buddy who had a deer farm would pull up Jewelweed along his fences and throw it into the deer enclosure. Deer followed him around and hammered it as soon as it landed. My deer love honeysuckle as well. I dropped a few trees near my honeysuckle and let it climb everywhere. Fantastic bedding area