Killed hundreds of pigs on the farm over the past decade…

Triple C

5 year old buck +
…1st one we mounted. Killed bigger boars than this one but none that looked as “beastly” as this critter.
DD87E6F2-E610-48F5-9F86-63AD2A3CC551.jpeg

Taxidermist sent pic below. I’ll post another when we put it on the wall.
C3DF2A27-B57C-41EC-B5EC-61517C031E59.jpeg

Great looking boar hog. I have killed a lot of hogs on my place - 153 over a six month period once. They are pretty much gone now and to tell the truth - I miss them. My thermal is gathering dust

Great looking boar hog. I have killed a lot of hogs on my place - 153 over a six month period once. They are pretty much gone now and to tell the truth - I miss them. My thermal is gathering dust
Swamp - We're on the same course. Thought we bout had em gone until the cereal grains began to mature. Son and his family spent 10 days at the farm in early May and killed several including this bruiser.

Fun to have a few around to hunt from time to time.

Swamp - We're on the same course. Thought we bout had em gone until the cereal grains began to mature. Son and his family spent 10 days at the farm in early May and killed several including this bruiser.

Fun to have a few around to hunt from time to time.
Yes sir, USDA trappers have caught over 2000 out of my county the last two years - plus what locals kill. Went from killing average of fifty or sixty a year to getting a picture of one every three months

Yes sir, USDA trappers have caught over 2000 out of my county the last two years - plus what locals kill. Went from killing average of fifty or sixty a year to getting a picture of one every three months
That's a pretty good success story. I had thought that pig situation was too much to overcome.

Send them my way…….the trappers, not the pigs !😜

My pigs are slowly returning. The USDA trappers have not trapped much in the last year of so anywhere near me. Have seen a couple crops of piglets lately - future targets.

T_00007.jpeg

Those piglets will be perfect for the table in a couple months. I'd love to be able to walk out my back door and shoot a wild pig, especially a 75 pounder that would fit on my grill!

IMG_8918.jpeg

IMG_8917.jpeg

Those piglets will be perfect for the table in a couple months. I'd love to be able to walk out my back door and shoot a wild pig, especially a 75 pounder that would fit on my grill!
IMG_8918.jpegIMG_8917.jpeg
I dont mind a few hogs. They definitely dont run deer out of the area. They are not as bad on most crops as are deer. They dont eat all your fruit like coons. They dont root bad on my place - but if I was trying to grow corn or hay for a living - I would hate them.

I thought having pigs to shoot was pretty cool for awhile, until they kept coming and coming. I'd say I'd shoot at least 10 a year myself, another 15 or so taking buddies out, and then another 15 or so with dogs and bowie knives. And they kept coming...I left most out in the field, and the coyotes got fat and happy, started noticing more coyotes, and less deer/turkeys. Then I had to segway to learning to coyote hunt. Found out they're pretty smart, and couldn't put much of a dent in their population. When I stopped using corn feeders, pig numbers reduced dramatically. Allowed some trappers to trap coyotes on my lease, and they tore them up. Last 2 years have been great for deer hunting, and the turkeys have also made a come back. That being said, I believe the pig numbers negatively affected my target species, I'm glad it's not like it was, to hell with them pigs!