All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Will Gov Walker's Proposals Effect Sportsman

Good call shawn, I did not see that one. That may be the only recourse we have left to stop this kind of thing if Walker gets his way. I have a very good friend who is a member of the Ho-Chunk Nation, he sits about 10' from me at work every day. I might have to tweak his ear to find out what he knows about the whole Walker thing.

Posts #157 & 158 - Sounds kind of like what happened in Pa. under Corbett. State Forest and State Game land leased or mineral rights sold for natural gas drilling. Many, many acres of formerly wild areas now " developed " with roads, gas pads, storage areas for supplies & equipment, buildings, etc. The funny ( ? o_O ) part of the whole Marcellus shale gas " benefit" sold to the American public was that it had enough natural gas to supply the whole U.S. with gas for over 100 years. So most citizens started thinking " we solved a lot of our energy problems for the future. Gas will get cheaper and we'll have it for us and our kids, and their kids ! " Now we know that a pipeline is to be built from the gas fields to Baltimore Md. to a facility there to liquefy the gas so it can be shipped OVERSEAS. They want to sell it NOW - not save it for the use of U.S. citizens !! Quick profit BEFORE energy independence. ( not quite what politicians told the public when pushing the need for more oil & gas drilling here in the U.S. - IS IT ??? ) What a shock.

The Pa. gas situation sounds similar to your mining probs. in the Upper Midwest. Government selling one story when the REAL story is corporate paybacks for huge contributions to the politicians. Current citizens and future citizens get land ruined, natural habitats destroyed, end products sold for quick profit and NOT for wise, long-term use. Energy independence ???? Get REAL !!! Frac sand, oil & gas........... it's gonna be sold as quick as they can get it to market - not stored for the use of U.S. citizens - now OR later.

I know some will jump on here & say " that's capitalism ". But as far as the future energy strategy for the country goes ........ is it SMART ???

If u guys don't like it you don't have to buy it. Haha America=the land of the free!

If u guys don't like it you don't have to buy it. Haha America=the land of the free!

I can see my post was going to be taken out of context leading to a slippery slope south so it's gone. My point was to only demonstrate that we are not using our own oil we drill so unfortunately I'm not able to buy it and I would be more than happy to.

Shawnv - I got a post by you on my e-mail, but someone deleted it here on this thread. I agree with your comment in the last sentence of your post #166 above. Oil or gas. I'd splatter a deuce in my drawers if ANY politician came out and told the truth and said, " Yes - we want to drill for oil & natural gas, but it won't be for our use here in the U.S. and to secure our energy future. It's going to be sold to the highest bidder overseas on the world market. " ( When the selling point to the public for more drilling has been " to secure our energy future and independence from foreign sources. " ) Doesn't that kind of talk imply that the oil & gas would be kept for OUR use??

I agree with you. It's going around the world in tankers and we can't buy or use it. Neither will our kids. IMO - if we're gonna drill for oil & natural gas here, risk habitat loss, and tell the public that it's about securing our energy future for over 100 years - then keep it here. Short-sighted and GREEDY.

Our politicians do not want to know any of the above information, nor do they want you to know it.
1. Did any of those studies help a new mine get started or a new forest get cut to the ground?
2. Same as #1
3. Restrictions against the spread of invasive species stand in the way of business development and excess phosphorus restrictions hurt corporate farming practices.
4. Your deer hunting is already protected, Walker and Kroll just gave you a whole new set of rules and everyones Happy, Happy, Happy!
5. If they eliminate those positions the DNR will have a surplus of money and they will find a way to justify dipping into those funds for non-wildlife relate things, like cutting the deficit.
6. See #1
7. See #'s 1 and 3
8. Your Republican Legislators are going to tow the party line on this so nothing you can do will stop it. When your whole state is Red, your resources will get bled.

1amp6y.jpg

Again, walker has villianized all government employees, the dnr is just another victim. The dnr has not done itself any politicial favors with their ignorance, so the masses want their head even more. Most feel the dnr research is nothing more than pushing a liberal agenda. The posts on this site have been very consistent with the left wing dnr conspiracy.
Walker is giving the masses what they want, and he is gaining more power in the mean time. For a college drop out he is a very skilled politician, And he has a good shot of being our next president.
Always be careful what you wish for and who you cast judgement on.