All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House light attracting spiders

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
Every morning I bring my dog outside I find 3-10 spiders around my entrance door. I have sprayed inside, and outside around the doors, so a lot of times they are all dead, but I hate spiders! The only thing I can think of is my light on the side of my house is on all night, and it must be attracting insects, and spiders. I haven’t sprayed my yard yet, but I will be soon.

I am sure I can’t be the only person with this problem, is there a solution? Or do I need to just shut the light off at night?

Shut the light off. Light attracts insects, insects attract spiders.

I put lights on my dock to attract insects. Makes for fat and happy bluegills. Which makes for fat and happy bass!

Screenshot_20230512_082319_Gallery.jpg

Every morning I bring my dog outside I find 3-10 spiders around my entrance door. I have sprayed inside, and outside around the doors, so a lot of times they are all dead, but I hate spiders! The only thing I can think of is my light on the side of my house is on all night, and it must be attracting insects, and spiders. I haven’t sprayed my yard yet, but I will be soon.

I am sure I can’t be the only person with this problem, is there a solution? Or do I need to just shut the light off at night?
Get a herd of toads. We grow some fat toads! They learn that the light attracts the bugs and enough fall to the ground that the toads have an easy meal.

I switched to a yellow LED bulb. It’s not as bright as I’d like but the bugs are not anywhere near as thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk