Herbicides (pre/post)?

Garrett2006

5 year old buck +
What’s everyone’s burn down and post spraying methods that have been working as far as what chemicals used and timing when planting beans/corn/sunflowers & peas? I’m thinking Glphosate, 24D & hi-yield grass killer mix for my burn down. Then after crops are up and going go back with Glyphosate & something like plotboost or plot max mixes in for the post spraying. Thanks

What’s everyone’s burn down and post spraying methods that have been working as far as what chemicals used and timing when planting beans/corn/sunflowers & peas? I’m thinking Glphosate, 24D & hi-yield grass killer mix for my burn down. Then after crops are up and going go back with Glyphosate & something like plotboost or plot max mixes in for the post spraying. Thanks

No need for grass kill in most cases if you are using gly. Grasses are very susceptible to it. Once crops have germinated, unless they are RR, gly will kill them, so it doesn't work for broad mixes. I'd suggest sticking to the basics before worrying about things like plotboost.

If you are planting warm season annual mix, don't pay extra for RR since you won't use it. You may want to consider a pre-emergent herbicide.

Thanks,

Jack

24D has some residual, so be aware of that. I see no reason to tank mix 24D and grass killer with glyphosate for a
regular burn down. If you're dealing with some gly resistant weeds or some brushy stuff that's a different deal.

Google up craig harper and herbicide primer

excellent article in quality whitetails circa 2012

bill