Has anyone been in this situation?

*Hawaii5joe*

5 year old buck +
image.jpg

No, but I tell my youngest daughter she needs to start dating some guys from Iowa and asking that same question!;):eek:

Just pick a woman that shoots a deer bigger than your deer and you've got it made!

don't ask how I know.

I don't even ponder a date until I know the answer to that question :D. I wonder if any of those guys from Waupaca County in Wisconsin have a single daughter in her late 20's early 30's. Only 120 acres or more please :D.

What if her family owns land adjoining yours? Call the preacher!!!

When we owned a farm in BC WI, I wondered about that exact question asked to our daughters. Now that we own land in far Northern WI, I don't worry about it.:D If the boyfriend is willing to put the time and effort into hunting a WI Northwoods buck............go for it!! If he can put up with the low deer numbers up there and still enjoy the property..........he is a true outdoorsman in my book.

LOL MO, you have me rollin' from that one!

MBC I didn't know you were a Harley guy. Do you still have one?

When I was younger it wasn't about how many acres it was more about the spread. ;)

What if her family owns land adjoining yours? Call the preacher!!!
If that is parts of Mn, she is probably your first cousin.

That pretty much sums up what I did! I thought she was hot as well - so that was just icing on the cake.

Actually I wasn't even a deer hunter when I met my wife. I only hunted small game and did much more fishing at that time. After we got married is when I started deer hunting - it looked easy on TV - boy was I wrong.

My wife's family owns farmland and farms in NW Iowa. I was disappointed it was no good for deer hunting and it has below average pheasant hunting even in good years.

I could of had 10,000 acres in the black hills of Wyoming. The ranchers daughter wanted me to take his daughter out. before meeting her I was told her rear end was 3 axe handles wide. I talked big until I saw her. Wow-her younger sister was the starting nose tackle on the varsity football team. That should put everything into perspective.
I told my old lady I must really love her because her family didn't have any land, and I passed on 10,000 acres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any guy worth a crap can work that money maker down to one axe handle if given the chance!

And what is wrong with a chick that can keep you warm in the winter and shady in the summer anyways!
Hey man I was never ashamed to make friends with a heifer at 4am. I carried my weight making sure some of these ladies didn't end the night lonely.
That one out west still gives me nightmares. She told me, "you can sit by me, I don't bite too hard". It was one of the only times in my life I literally clamed right up....Speechless, as one tooth Larry is giving a thumbs up.
Hey, last I heard she was still single driving school bus. I could arrange it, if you want. We had some pretty good hunting out there. I'd see 30 bucks a day, elk, whitetail Mullies, antelope. One guy shot a 180" whitetail too.

Now Dipper has me dying over here LOL

No bike now, had a tough time keeping them upright back in the day
Been there done that but swore off of beer & booze when on 2 wheels after an eye opening experience.