Good Hunt

Steven Tolly

5 year old buck +
Sat last weekend on Saturday evening my intention was not to shoot a big one, but watch a food plot from a distances. Early on in the hunt the food plot was full of deer. Eventually two good bucks joined them, including one of the shooters on our list a big 8. They ate the rye for a long time and i figured I should see if he would respond to a rattle. Nope. That did not work. He did head across the field towards the fence row I was on, but no interest in me at all. A little bit later some does walked by me and eventually I had a little fork pop out and hit a scrape 150 yards from me. He was quickly followed by the one in the picture a deer we have been tracking for a few years. Notice the pictures from last year and one from this year. He was on the list of questionable ones to shoot, but based on the size of his body at 100 yards I decided to shoot him. It all went perfect he walked right down the fence and turned the corner in the crp to head right passed my tree. It was great he followed the 4 wheeler trail right passed my stand. That was not our intention of the trail, but it worked great. I shot him at 36 yards. He ran 20 and staggered for a second and dropped. Season over till shotgun, now I get to go bird hunting and focus on a bobcat come November.

Pics below harvest pic, this year trail cam and two from last year.

7456-20181002180959-101MFCAM_MFDC0086.JPGIMG_1878.JPGIMG_1897.JPGIMG_1896.JPG

Very nice! Congratulations m

Nice buck!

Congratulations!

We mow them trails on purpose.

That's a beauty for sure. Congrats!

Congrats .

dandy!

Sweet buck - congrats!!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk