All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frost seed Wheat?

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Wasn't seeing alot of winter rye from what I spread this fall, so I seeded oats and wheat and rolled it tonight before the winter storm.

Might be suffering from the white clover blob lie some folks have ssues with here. Did maybe 25;bs of oats and 10-15 lbs of wheat in about .6 acres between 2 spots. Rolled it in with the lawn roller. Cultipacker is under the knife with the angle grinder and welder in the garage right now.

I'm putting down 2 bushels of rye along with chicory, plantain, flax, collards, and japanese millet as soon as the snow is low enough I can get the wheeler through without getting high centered.

Keep posting updates on the plantain. As soon as I get the sedge mace under control I am putting that stuff down. Scratching some oats down in 2 plots for green manure. Then likely fall planting rye in all of them.

Keep posting updates on the plantain. As soon as I get the sedge mace under control I am putting that stuff down. Scratching some oats down in 2 plots for green manure. Then likely fall planting rye in all of them.
Will do. I'm curious to see if I can get it going in my white clover now that I'm starting the third season on this clay. When I first planted these spoils, the only thing that grew well was flax, millet, and clover. Rye did ok. Maybe now after a full growing season the others can get a foothold now.