All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found my archery buck turkey hunting

Bszweda

5 year old buck +
I found the archery buck I shot last fall. From what I could tell the shot was far back and in the spine. No blood either. I still grid search for hours, but thought he made it or died on my neighbors property. I stumbled upon the dead head turkey hunting. He was 300 yards south west of where I'd shot him. Glad I got closure on what happened to him.

Attachments

• MFDC8293.JPG
    MFDC8293.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 82
  • MFDC8285.JPG
    MFDC8285.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 83
  • MFDC8237.JPG
    MFDC8237.JPG
    429.7 KB · Views: 90
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Where was he laying?

nice buck !

No doubt him. That kicker is an instant ID.
European mount time.

Where was he laying?

nice buck !
I must of walked by him like 10 times. During the hunting season. He bolted straight towards my neighbors property then must of looped back.

Attachments

• deadhead.PNG
    deadhead.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Mechanical or fixed blade broadhead? Not trying to start any $h!+, just honestly curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was as mechanical rage hypodermic. It was a bad shot on my part. I did notice my arrow only had 4 or 5 inches of penetration, which I assumed I hit him in the spine. I could never fin d the arrow or any blood either.