Fixation clover spring plant??

My primary reason to mow clover is to control broadleaf weeds. This is an annual clover, so I won't bother with it.

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if spring planted looses any of it's appeal as a fall deer forage if left to grow.

Unless we are talking about in-season attraction, I really don't worry about clover losing its appeal. If deer aren't eating my clover, it is because they found something better. I always mow my clover fields right before the season. I tolerate a lot of weeds in my perennial clover over the summer. I mow just before our cool temperatures and fall rain favor cool season clover over our summer weeds. The clover really takes off. I don't see why I'd treat an annual much differently. The only reason I can think to mow otherwise is to maximize reseeding if you are mowing it in bloom.

Thanks,

Jack

One reason to delay mowing of Fixation is to allow it to produce seed. It's advertised to be a prolific re-seeder.
I waited a good month after flowering terminated last year. The jury is still out on how well it re-seeded.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Balansa annual clover came up nice, bloomed and died back. I'm sure it dropped seed. Late August 2017 decided to replant with perennials. Replanted the Balansa plot with Advantage perennial white ladino with 10pds of turnips and another plot with Durana perennial white clover. The Advantage today is near knee tall with leafs the size of half dollars and stems close to the size of 1/8dia. The Durana plot has grown thicker than the Advantage but just as tall. All are starting to bloom.
What struck me is the number of brown and black tailed honey bees on the turnip blooms from last falls turnips. Turned the UTV off and walked the 4 corners. It is a constant low roar thru out the Advantage patch and there is a bee on about every 4th bloom. Deer did not touch the turnips last year but the blooms this year have become an unexpected reward.
Almost cut the turnip blooms down because I seen no benefit to growing them. Glad I finally stopped to listen.