All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fimco sprayer’s major design flaw and how to fix it

Wintomatic

5 year old buck +
I bought a fimco sprayer and was having problems with the screen plugging up frequently. I do have a sand point well that lets some small particulate matter through. I tried putting an inline filter between the spigot and hose which helped a lot and I highly recommend using one for filling all sprayers.
But I was still having problems with that tiny little hose screen plugging up. They just use a cheap in line garden hose shutoff valve (that decreases the internal diameter of the line to the pump) with a tiny fine mesh screen. Nothing will burn your pump out faster than restricting flow to the intake!
I replaced the shutoff with this inline filter And hose end pieces from Fleet Farm, for about $25 total.
It is unbelievable how much more pump flow and pressure I get now! I have put 3 full 2 1/2 gallon jugs of roundup through that sprayer since putting that filter on and have never had an issue since. I’m not sure how many tankfulls that makes but its a lot.
523F934D-286B-4382-9536-19213A8A7707.jpegAC3BE22F-718A-45B6-9730-2143BA33407D.jpeg

I bought a fimco sprayer and was having problems with the screen plugging up frequently. I do have a sand point well that lets some small particulate matter through. I tried putting an inline filter between the spigot and hose which helped a lot and I highly recommend using one for filling all sprayers.
But I was still having problems with that tiny little hose screen plugging up. They just use a cheap in line garden hose shutoff valve (that decreases the internal diameter of the line to the pump) with a tiny fine mesh screen. Nothing will burn your pump out faster than restricting flow to the intake!
I replaced the shutoff with this inline filter And hose end pieces from Fleet Farm, for about $25 total.
It is unbelievable how much more pump flow and pressure I get now! I have put 3 full 2 1/2 gallon jugs of roundup through that sprayer since putting that filter on and have never had an issue since. I’m not sure how many tankfulls that makes but its a lot.
View attachment 21362View attachment 21361
Oh and I also put ball valves on the boom so you can spray 4’ , 8’, or 12’ wide. It is so nice to be able to shut off the outside booms and fold them in. it sprays the center 4’ with no issues 2B48FC77-2FB4-48EE-873B-3B284537D8F2.jpeg

I like it! Makes mixing better to because of the increased volume.