Dwarf chinkapin oak acorns (Quercus prinoides) from SE Nebraska (zone 5) for sale

Blitz

Yearling... With promise
Hi there,

It's THIS time of the year again .........

We collected some DCO acorns in southeastern Nebraska (zone 5) within the last few days, and we are wondering if anyone might be interested? We know most of you have already had your share, and we really appreciated your business.

Our price:
1/2 lb. (approximately 90-100 acorns) for $ 12.50 + $ 7.20 shipping (USPS priority mail - Total $ 19.70)
1 lb. (approximately 180-200 acorns) for $ 25.00 + $ 7.20 shipping (USPS priority mail - Total $ 32.20)

Min. order is 1/2 lb.

Shipping days: Monday-Wednesday

Payment: by check

If interested, please send an email to dconebraska@gmail.com with the quantity you'd like to get and include your address.

Thank you very much!
Troy and Sabine

Would the trees be hardy in zone 4b, West central Wisconsin? I've seen some conflicting information online. Some places say hardy to zone 5 others say zone 3. Are there different varieties? Thanks, Isaac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one growing at the mn arboretum I believe, my land is also in the same zone as you and I'm giving these acorns a try

I have been curious for a while if these will grow in my area...What about in Texas post oak savanah region?

Thanks homegrown, I'll give them a shot then

I have been curious for a while if these will grow in my area...What about in Texas post oak savanah region?

I have around 20 in 1 gal RBII that i started this spring

They range from 6-12 in in height after 1st growing season

i plan to transplant to 3 gal RBIIs and keep one more growing season in backyard prior to transplant in the field

I am also in post oak savannah region and will let you know!!

I got my acorns from Troy and Sabine and am well pleased

Their thread on growing these baby trees is superb

bill