All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deer stand from sawmill

Redneck

5 year old buck +
I just wanted to share a stand I built for the hunting lease. I cut all the lumber on a woodland mills HM130 band saw mill. the frame is pine and everything else is yellow poplar. I used deer view windows and an old deer head I had laying around for decorations.

Looks good, you should get a lot of years out of it. I’d like to have a couple of those at my place. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so,
Looks good, you should get a lot of years out of it. I’d like to have a couple of those at my place. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I need to build a few more but it’s a lot for one person

That is really cool that you cut your own lumber. I was watching a youtube video the other day of guys cutting different things and thought it was pretty cool.

I'd put the skull and antlers on the outside...sort of like a warning!

Well done!!

Really nice!!

Awesome paint work. I wish I had a mill there is so many things I could make with one.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

That is really cool that you cut your own lumber. I was watching a youtube video the other day of guys cutting different things and thought it was pretty cool.

I'd put the skull and antlers on the outside...sort of like a warning!

I love the mill it has come in handy. I had a walk around video but it wouldn't let me load it. I will have to get inside pics when I get home.
Awesome paint work. I wish I had a mill there is so many things I could make with one.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Thanks, I love the way the paint came out. wish I would have gone darker on the base color but it was discounted paint at Wal-Mart. If you own your own timber land a bandsaw mill is a great tool to have. harbor freight sells a small mill that will cut up to a 21" tree for $2000 if you wanted to get into it cheap.

Here is a pic of the sawmill cutting some pine.View attachment 26643
That is pretty cool. The majority of them around here are Wood-mizer brand.....as they are made locally. I have been watching some you tube videos of late of guys cutting different stuff. Seems like a very cool way to get even more connected to your land....by building with materials that come from it.

harbor freight sells a small mill that will cut up to a 21" tree for $2000 if you wanted to get into it cheap.
Thanks Redneck I didn't know Harbor Freight handled them.