All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blinds in swamps

Rally1148

5 year old buck +
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with creating box blinds in swamps.
My real question is what should I use for legs? I'm thinking either treated wood sunk into cement (which will be in 5 gallon buckets) or some kind of steel tubing that has a flat "foot" on the end. I've got plenty of lumber, so I figure if I spend $100-200 on stainless steel tubing that'll last me 20 years it's well worth it. As far as elevation, I'd be wanting to get as high as I could (maybe 10 feet would be reasonable?)

I appreciate any and all help!

Have you gotten much sinking in that?

This can be underwater in the spring, and usually dries out a bit in the summer... but if you dig down a foot or two you'll get some water.

I won't have trouble making my shooting lanes, as this is only 10 acres but backs up against a bunch of garages and gets wet pretty quick. It's pretty much undisturbed all year. There is a center island that I have a treestand about 30 feet up in a tree, but it's impossible to get into without alerting everything in the vicinity that you're around, defeating the purpose of hunting the thick stuff. If I can figure out these legs, I'll be able to have access from the road, which will make it much easier to access undetected, AND I can try to get a little clover going on that island and get more bedding on it, rather than in the swamp around it. Heck... if I got a few apple trees and some SWO on the outside of that it'd be an absolute goldmine.

Just get a couple roll out food plots. ;)

home_side_A.jpg

Hahaha, it has the word "extreme" in it, so you know that it has to be a great product. My only concern is what they put on it to make it so "addictive".