All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bear

What a beast! Not easy to get to 500 lbs but you might actually have it there.

not long enough for 500. 400 tops. Big bear. like to see a side profile of the head than a front shot of it. If you have it. Get some liquid smoke on the ground. I am sure there are other bears following this one.

It's eating well.

thats a solid bear there for sure, angles change things so much on bears, , but its no small one that's for sure

Hope he shows up during the day for you. Are you bowhunting them?

Fatty. Gut not far off the ground. I hope you get a chance at him.

this guy was 375. Neighbor shot him. I considered this a fairly long boar.

Attachments

• IMG-20110815-00097.jpg
    IMG-20110815-00097.jpg
    586.6 KB · Views: 20
UP Powers, that bear in your pic is also walking with front leg fully forward and back leg fully back, making it look longer I think than it may really be

here is a bear that I had in my yard this spring, got his tag info and ran it, he was 595 lbs in May of 2015 when they relocated him
so, odds are he is all of 600+ lbs right here, was a stud of a black bear, estimated at 18 yrs old) and come this fall before he den's its very likely he is a 750+ ish bear
and he was NOT the biggest I had here this yr, had a much younger bear here that made him look SMALL

here is a few pic's of him, and then him with a HUGE female he was mating with, also in my yard LOL and she is all of 350+ lbs, she's been coming to my yard now about 16 yrs, seen her raise 3 maybe 4 litters of cubs,(ran her 3 off for mating season this spring)
a long time local bear, I have a lot of history with!

I get a LOT of bears here on a regular basis, Bears are just one of them animals that even a slight angle or body position, can make them look a lot bigger than they are , and I say one of the hardest animals to truly get good at guessing there weights on
been about up close and personal with a few hundred bears over the yrs, and I still can struggle at times to get a GOOD honest assessment of there weights

Attachments

• BIG V bear vids 001.JPG
    BIG V bear vids 001.JPG
    964 KB · Views: 18
  • BIG V bear vids 029.JPG
    BIG V bear vids 029.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • BIG V bear vids 074.JPG
    BIG V bear vids 074.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • BIG V bear vids 068.JPG
    BIG V bear vids 068.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • BIG V bear vids 088.JPG
    BIG V bear vids 088.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • BIG V bear vids 101.JPG
    BIG V bear vids 101.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
yea.. walking like that is deceiving, but neighbor shot it and it was 7.75 foot square. Which in my opinion is the only truly way to measure a bear. I don't know, but anything over a 6 foot square is a great bear, over 7 foot on a black is really big, over 8 is a literally a giant. Weight, doesn't mean to much to me in bears.

I can agree, but they go by skulls for bears on being big, and to be honest that never impressed me
doubt you will find many 7-8 ft bears that don't have weight on them too/

But to me, weight is a huge part of a BIG bear, takes a LOT of finding food and work on a bears part to gain that much weight, and that's why so few actually get there

same to me goes for heavy bucks, killed a few that went 300+ lbs and to me there just impressive, and never shot one that heavy that didn;t have a nice rack too by the way HAHA!

this window is 7 ft off the ground to the bottom of the window, he's about a 500 lb , maybe a little less, but was very tall, he liked to peek in my window at night, pervert ! HAHA
like I said, I have a LOT of bears here and experience with them! Pictures too !!~

Attachments

• bert at the window.jpg
    bert at the window.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
yea.. the sows get to be pigs. literally. They just lay around and eat. The boars can really get impressive with age and some weight.

actually females rarely get up over 350 lbs, average in PA is about 175 lbs, and where typically home to the heaviest bears in North America too
having cubs drains a LOT off them ever other yr or so

I seen many 350 lb female, with 2-3-4 cubs, and by the next mating cycle, she will be down about 100-150 lbs, which then she PACKS on as much weight as possible before denning,
the above female, went from a good 350 down to about 200 lbs or less this summer, and is NOW< bulking up, been hammering my apples
I will honestly say that in the past 2 weeks, she put back on about 50-70 lbs

like eating machines they can be before winter!
I am SURE she will have cubs again in Spring time, seen her get mounted a few times by the above male!

females go up and down on weight more than males by a LOT

saw this brute this spring, can you imagine howbig he will be in a few more weeks of fat storing
20160622_183931_zpsfrquti03.jpg