Awaiting graft results

See BnB you just need to keep the faith. Nice job

I'd have been happy if I had 3 of the 6 make it !! To see green on all 6 is over the top. I pinched off all the rootstock shoots but one - in case of late failure. Then I at least have the rootstock to salvage for another graft try. Learned that from on this forum !!:) We already have a spot picked out at camp for these grafts to be planted next spring. Pretty cool feeling !!:)

Hey BnB

If your not careful you'll be wanting to clearcut your camp to make more room for your future apple grafts. :D:D

LOL, Grey !!! As a matter of fact, we just decided to NOT plow a back section of field that we tried to plant to food plot before. It's too stony to run a plow thru, so the members said, " Why don't we put in more apples and crabs in that piece ?? " I told them I had 6 grafted late hangers growing at home in pots and they also want to get more from a nursery as well !!:) We won't cut woods for apples ( we have over 45 apples & crabs planted NOW, plus whatever we stick in the ground next spring !! ) but we did free up about another 1/2 acre by not plowing the back of that field. Camp is an old farmstead from the 1800's, so we have good ground to work with field-wise. Here we go again !!!:D

Where did you get your scions?
3 varieties from GRIN and a few from other trees I have already, did a little reading and it sounds like vertical growing wood make better scions as they have more vegetative buds?

I have a number of grafts with flower buds but I am pretty sure they will still survive and form branch if it doesn't get pollinated lol

Yea I didn't think fruit blossoms were a bad thing but I never paid attention. I have about 7 or 8 with fruit blossoms

I agree NH bit on a few of mine both are flower buds