Any way to end all the Transfers from QDM site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest that we all just let this thread fade away. Everyone has had the opportunity to voice their opinions so let's all be gentlemen and move on.

Happy to do that, and this will be my last post to this thread regardless of what else is said on it.

I've had some off-line conversations with some of the new folks who are supportive, struggling with some of the push back, and contemplating going elsewhere. The last thing I wanted to do was cause a divide between the old guard and new folks looking for a new home after the demise of the other site. Some folks appreciate what I've done and others are clearly offended by it. I realize I may have torn scabs off old wounds and I'm sorry for that. While I won't be deterred by vocal individual on the forum, I do stand ready to take any direction the moderators and forum operator have to offer. The need to figure out the balance point between satisfying the desires of key founding members of the forum and the influx of new folks. My skin is pretty thick but that is not true for all.

Personally, I'd like to look a this as temporary growing pains for the forum and be looking at it through the rear view mirror. I'd much rather be responding to threads related to our joint passion.

Standing down from this thread....

Thanks,

jack

Mo and Stu,

I don't know Mo, but I do really appreciate all the information Stu has provided on the web, regardless of the location, that has benefitted me, my farm, and my fruit trees in particular. Let me throw out an olive branch and hopefully a voice of reason. Who poses the greater threat to your passion (hunting), that former organization that so many of us started to dislike some time ago and now have probably grown to hate, or anti hunting organizations? I told a wise man earlier today that anti hunting organizations, PETA in particular, thrive on divisiveness created by type "A" personalities in hunting/habitat organizations. PETA is pretty well united. We, on the other hand, have an organization for every game animal, tree, body of water and fish out there. Thus, the division begins. Then we have the big swinging ____________ crowd in each of those organizations, and the division grows. No one threw the forum, which shall remain nameless forever, further under the bus than I as the days wound down. In this instance, I agree with Jack entirely on two fronts: 1. This forum needs to be the new steward of Superior Deer Management information; and 2. Citing to the original host is the correct and proper way to transfer the information. As time passes the use of the old name will decline and hits on Google, Bing and all other search engines will direct surfers here. For the betterment of whitetail deer, the habitat in which they thrive and the sport of hunting, can we all just think twice before we argue over something as trivial as the issue in this thread? In today's world, fewer and fewer kids and young adults grow up on the family farm hunting with family and friends becoming addicted to a healthy passion as opposed to what some are addicted to today. These days, you are just as likely to pick up a new hunter who starts searching around on-line. Do you want that person's first experience to YOUR passion to be YOUR post? If the answer is no, then consider editing your message before you hit the send key. It is okay to disagree, our country was built upon it, but doing so in a civil and respectful way that always remains above the gutter will be the best line of defense to PETA's agenda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dont be a *****. When somebody wrongs me I dont let it die. Eye for an eye. Piss on QDMA for taking drunkin' banquet dollars and turning their back.

I hate the PETA argument. Its bogus. 'Lets all hold hands so PETA cant say we dont' is crap. Its an argument used by guys upset someone disagrees wit them. Nut up.

Dont be a *****. When somebody wrongs me I dont let it die. Eye for an eye. Piss on QDMA for taking drunkin' banquet dollars and turning their back.

I hate the PETA argument. Its bogus. 'Lets all hold hands so PETA cant say we dont' is crap. Its an argument used by guys upset someone disagrees wit them. Nut up.

Exhibit "A".

What does that mean?

It means I have some choices at this point. I could respond by making you look at best ignorant, and at worst stupid. However, since I believe we likely share the same interest and could perhaps hang a stand together some day, I will take the high ground by saying your response tends to prove my point about big swinging _____ contests and divisiveness. When people attempt to prove something or educate others, thus eliminating ignorance, they often use exhibits. It is common practice to identify exhibits with letters, starting with the letter "A".

I shouldn't have to edit posts because of language used. It's sad that we even need moderators here.

Oh I get it now. My cat acronym was considered profanity. o_O Thats some funny Schmidt!

It means I have some choices at this point. I could respond by making you look at best ignorant, and at worst stupid. However, since I believe we likely share the same interest and could perhaps hang a stand together some day, I will take the high ground by saying your response tends to prove my point about big swinging _____ contests and divisiveness. When people attempt to prove something or educate others, thus eliminating ignorance, they often use exhibits. It is common practice to identify exhibits with letters, starting with the letter "A".

I prefer to look ignorant but stupid works as well. Lets do this. What is it you are trying to prove? That when people disagree with you they are from PETA?

This is going to be QDMA all over again! Bahahahahahaha!

And I can almost assure everyone, WTNut will never hang a stand with Brooks!

This is going to be QDMA all over again! Bahahahahahaha!

And I can almost assure everyone, WTNut will never hang a stand with Brooks!

If he does we know there will be no pictures used as exhibit A. No picture for YOU. (thats a Seinfeld reference for fellow ignornat or stupid people. And I did not spell that wrong on purpose)

If he does we know there will be no pictures used as exhibit A. No picture for YOU. (thats a Seinfeld reference for fellow ignornat or stupid people. And I did not spell that wrong on purpose)

Too Funny!

I retract all the hard feelings I just delivered. Just prepping everybody in case they decide to talk in public and somebody should disagree.

I speak in sarcasm about 90% of what i say. I thrive on tongue'n'cheek, I am very thick skinned, (though some may describe me as big boned) i prefer fatass. Lol...

None of this is a big deal, but im so over folks sayin that 4 letter acronym im liable to claim ISIS and do something illegal.

No one on the 'MN' is really butt hurt by folks repostong stuff its the regurgitate use of 'those who shall not be named' over, & over, & over, & over......get the point?

It can cause suicidal tendencies to creep in. As a matter of fact I just ate a gallon of ice cream in the midst of the depression & self loathing this has caused me.

Have I mentioned tank ass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything was going smoothly until a few of those folks from Viking country showed up out of the blue......

Everything was going smoothly until a few of those folks from Viking country showed up out of the blue......

Funny, but I hear the place was dead before the influx from Beyond.

I love learning, and laughing at the ideas on this forum. Why can't it just be a place to exchange info and leave the hate and butt kissing out of it? Sometimes I wonder how some people get any HABITAT work done between posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.