Another DR apple

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
I was just reading about a newer DR apple variety - "RubyRush." Adams County Nursery has it in their catalog, and says it's a cross between Enterprise and Goldrush. Highly resistant to scab, and excellent resistance to CAR and FB too. Just passing along that info - I'm not affiliated with ACN.

Sounds like it might be a good apple for fewer problems??

Have a good day gents.

I put one in the ground last fall and another in the ground this spring - both on Dolgo Rootstock. I have a good feeling about them, but if they don't work out, I will have a good solid rootstock to topwork.

5 tree minimum order from Adams county they also had Triumph apple trees

Last edited:
Looks great. Not too descriptive on the taste though. Is it as good as a Goldrush?

I think Blue Hill has had it the last couple years.

Was temptedto order from them. They also have local variants of several trees. They calk them sports. They have 2 or 3 different empire sports, thunk they had different macouns too. Also have saturn donut peaches.

Blue hill does sell rubyrush.

I tested one last year at another persons request. Despite the fact it was developed a few miles from my farm, it never did well and died from disease by this spring (rootstock is alive). Considering how many other apple/crabapples I have that had no such problems that is not inspiring.