A pleasant surprise.

Apple Junkie

5 year old buck +
I kinda remembered there was a scraggly wild apple tree along a border I share with a local farmer. The other day when I was walking about, I noticed a big ball of white off in the distance – the tell-tail sign of an apple in bloom. Sure enough… The farmer had logged his property several years ago, inadvertently releasing this poor apple to fill out and finally become a “real” tree! Now it’s a beauty, and I can’t wait to see what sort of apple it produces this fall. I love freebies when they just seem to show up out of no where! 0517181542.jpg

And if you own wooded property this is the time of year to search for free wild apple trees (or flowing crab apple trees that can be top worked over to "good" trees.)

And if you own wooded property this is the time of year to search for free wild apple trees (or flowing crab apple trees that can be top worked over to "good" trees.)

3a764cb0d3c43bb69ed351a289365dd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove by my buddy's new property last week and saw 4 or 5 trees blooming. I texted him that they were blooming and to mark them. He had seen them flowering and thought they might be apples but wasn't sure. They were younger trees so i don't know if they fruit yet but he is excited now.