80 Acres House 35 minutes from St Paul. Ultra Secluded!

Brush Creek

5 year old buck +
My father who is 72 is selling his home in Hugo, MN. Due to age and too many hockey games too far away. House built in 1997 4000 sq feet (I think). 2nd Kitchen in the basement, 4 bedrooms. Pole barn. Deer, Turkeys, ducks, pheasants, fishing close. He loves this place and it will suck when he sells it, but it is time and I can't afford it. The asking price is around $850,000 right now. Going on the market soon, so let your bigshot friends know, they can save ten or twenty G without a realtor if they hurry. Many nice deer shot here. Some of the land is swamp. Access is a deeded access through the neighbor's place. Great neighbor. Aerial is close. More pictures to follow. PM me and note it on this thread that I have a PM.

Hugo80.png

Thought I had pics of the house here at work. Will try to get them soon.

Access looks tough to the NE portion of the property. That would be a great spot to hunt those nice bucks hanging out on the backside of the old Kelly farm.

Does Hugo still allow firearms?

Does Hugo still allow firearms?
Yes shotgun only. Remember though, you must be at least 500ft from all those neighbors houses that keep springing up, which gets tougher to do as the years go by.

Plenty of room to firearm hunt. Only one house that might be within 500 feet of any property line. 80 acres in the Twin Cities is the value. Not going to find many of those available.

Plenty of room to firearm hunt. Only one house that might be within 500 feet of any property line. 80 acres in the Twin Cities is the value. Not going to find many of those available.

Yea, that property is more isolated than most out there. I have a buddy that used to bow hunt just north of there. They shot some very nice bucks out of that area. Do you get much waterfowl hunting in those sloughs?

Used to shoot the snot out of them. Now you might limit out on opener and half that the next day. Don't duck hunt much as we hunt deer more and limit the intrusions.

500ft rule is only on property you don't own.

My neighbor can legally put a house 10' from my lot line (minimum setback), and I can blast a 50BMG 3" from the line all day long as long as I'm not on their property.

Hugo used to allow rifles back in the 80's. I helped an older friend clear shooting lanes and shot his .30-06 there when I was 14.

rsz_1edhugo2_5[1].jpg Here are a couple bucks.

rsz_2dad2006[1].jpg

Hugo's a nice area. Too close to the metro for me, but better than suburbia for sure.

rsz_dadshouse_16.jpg More Pictures

rsz_dadshouse_23.jpg

rsz_dadshouse_38.jpg rsz_dadshouse_20.jpg

rsz_dadshouse_39.jpg rsz_dadshouse_9.jpg

rsz_dadshouse_9.jpg rsz_dadshouse_2.jpg

rsz_dadshouse_11.jpg rsz_dadshouse_26.jpg

rsz_dadshouse_31.jpg

Beautiful place BC! Dandy bucks as well!

Great looking place.