3rd party hosting notice, photobucket.........

native hunter, On the iphone, do you have an option to go the the desktop site for full features? I know I do that often on my non iphone, and get better functionality that way. sure it involves a lot of zooming in, but everything on the pc, is visible on the phone that way.

I could do that by using Safari (the web browser on I-phone) and just going to the photo hosting web site rather than using the App. I haven't tried that yet, but I'm sure it would work. I think that would work well with Google Photos, and like you said - you would get full functionality.

Almost always when I post pictures, I prefer to do it from the computer rather than the I-phone, but it's nice to be able to occasionally when you want to. I do like to just check the forums occasionally on the I-phone when traveling. When I go to this forum and the Deer Hunter forum just to look at post with the I-phone, I use Safari and go to the Web Site rather than using the App. I much prefer doing it that way, because it looks just like my computer screen - only smaller. It's also very easy to just answer someone on a post with the I-phone that way.

EDIT - I was not able to post pics to a bulletin board from the I-phone using the web browser rather than the app. Everything else works really well. Emails with pics were no problem. I still think Google Photos is a good option unless posting pics from the I-phone is important to you. It really isn't to me. Uploading from I-phone is important, and that part works fine.

Last edited:
Something else I have learned about Google Photos. My I-phone pics show up smaller than the same pic on Photobucket. See below - same pic. Top is GP bottom is PB.

However, trail cam pics show up exactly the same.

RjRW0DNQJ-niPld1nWeOA5blmQV25flhlm_NiIbDG4CyGLM7Dt6QN10rm84epIWBldRetg22IffV6wnpu1kmsv7RzsrehgLtunlykTWc5Hhjkz4Y9CXa34nc26fv76O82ATDRFlwdCFXsGTskZIGzasr4CQKm9up2CZRh4YiF4AzkzUkj81jPvL7P1qMeVHPOP-ARC63yoxzH-fZNhujc1di30-bdom7ehbRTQvubSEiG_bwxX5oBEhvoVK3-KhEZNwhTH65vNjDMkP9SCacinJUYlwj9AX-FM4xrk7ZGSj7Jj2nUQrDert8Wv9-5uB8G1MjxM5jrG6S_2Tkn394Ct3mJ4NM8wd2dGhBdRZKPGO4OF3WPQwY2uq84cFa-HzARr9nu41srAHdvxrowabb0mFnJ2Y7G406w122VKNma8DvRzebQjLJiQIiLc23kx3dpT-TPBtBrvcIQS6WQyPPcumTbM1RvG4qMnNrr2ANCC3Fa0uSI2JcM3-Lptez81itWAlLNlBNY2ST4CNbxNCULPDmFPC75hIykJ82nCupqxnz91xZorVoK3jGoxUSmtLL3XozmGvZXhMswAGqgTY0j0Zbu8ZjVTERnL9JcwX_kfxkiKNO1BldRE5P=w428-h570-no

Something else I have learned about Google Photos. My I-phone pics show up smaller than the same pic on Photobucket. See below - same pic. Top is GP bottom is PB.

However, trail cam pics show up exactly the same.

RjRW0DNQJ-niPld1nWeOA5blmQV25flhlm_NiIbDG4CyGLM7Dt6QN10rm84epIWBldRetg22IffV6wnpu1kmsv7RzsrehgLtunlykTWc5Hhjkz4Y9CXa34nc26fv76O82ATDRFlwdCFXsGTskZIGzasr4CQKm9up2CZRh4YiF4AzkzUkj81jPvL7P1qMeVHPOP-ARC63yoxzH-fZNhujc1di30-bdom7ehbRTQvubSEiG_bwxX5oBEhvoVK3-KhEZNwhTH65vNjDMkP9SCacinJUYlwj9AX-FM4xrk7ZGSj7Jj2nUQrDert8Wv9-5uB8G1MjxM5jrG6S_2Tkn394Ct3mJ4NM8wd2dGhBdRZKPGO4OF3WPQwY2uq84cFa-HzARr9nu41srAHdvxrowabb0mFnJ2Y7G406w122VKNma8DvRzebQjLJiQIiLc23kx3dpT-TPBtBrvcIQS6WQyPPcumTbM1RvG4qMnNrr2ANCC3Fa0uSI2JcM3-Lptez81itWAlLNlBNY2ST4CNbxNCULPDmFPC75hIykJ82nCupqxnz91xZorVoK3jGoxUSmtLL3XozmGvZXhMswAGqgTY0j0Zbu8ZjVTERnL9JcwX_kfxkiKNO1BldRE5P=w428-h570-no

Both are exactly the same from my phone...

Both are exactly the same from my phone...

Interesting.... I am looking on a computer screen, and the GP pic is much smaller than the PB pic.

PS: Catscratch, I just looked on my I-Phone and it's just like you said - they look the same there. But on the computer screen there is a notable difference in size. Not quite double the size but much bigger.

I bet the phones dumb everything down and make it all the same size so that a big pic doesn't screw up viewing on a small screen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I bet the phones dumb everything down and make it all the same size so that a big pic doesn't screw up viewing on a small screen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My guess is that you are correct on that.

Google Photo will store an unlimited number of of photos for free........but your photos are compressed. If you look under SETTINGS (I'm looking at my iPhone) >> Back up & Sync >> Upload Size, Original you have the option of what Google calls HIGH QUALITY or Original. High quality (reduced / compressed pics) storage is free. Original is capped. The compression and reductions of your original pics might reduce the picture dimensions. Free is never easy.

Oh, trail camera pics are much reduced resolution as they come out of the camera. Google and Photobucket have the same size image to work with.

Here are a couple possible temporary fixes someone posted on another forum. These are browser extensions/add-ins that reinsert the photobucket photos. Since it is unknown how long these might work, I used the Chrome extension to save Paul Knox's threads with his photos as PDFs. Those PDF's are posted to those threads. Saving threads as PDF's is relatively easy. From Chrome, you can print the page as a PDF that saves on your hard drive. A couple pages were too big to post so I used an online service to compress one PDF file and split another page's PDF into 2 files.

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=hp-dl-upandcoming