2017 Buck

Red

5 year old buck +
Not much has been posted on here lately so here is my MN buck.
I only could hunt the opening 2 days of the gun season. I saw this guy opening morning. He was the third wheel in a love affair between a doe and a really nice buck. I watched them all chase for about 45 minutes before the big buck pushed them off. Day two I grunted and he popped out of the brush looking for a fight. He had a limp in the front leg that I didn’t notice the day before. Knowing it was my last day and he was an older buck, my decision was made. At the shot he bucked and went about 20 feet and crashed.
He was an older buck with good width an mass but short tines. You know it’s bad when the brows are the longest tines. .
I was excited to take him and I’m looking forward to seeing that bigger one this coming fall with any luck.
2FAE3221-7AD7-447D-B8CD-525175B0D4E3.png19C5A130-3801-44D6-86CD-7F201E24929E.jpeg

Congrats!

Nice buck,,!

Sweet! I bet that buck could tell some stories. Congrats.

Nice mature buck. Congrats.

Maybe doesn’t hit any record books, but that’s a heck of a buck. One I wouldn’t pass on either. Nice job.

Nice buck!

Great, mature buck. I'd have shot him !! Grunting him in "looking for a fight" makes it even sweeter. Congrats !!

Beautiful buck Red, congratulations!!