2 week brassica growth

momatt

5 year old buck +
I got rain the night after planting and rain twice since. Five acres is coming up nicely. Fingers crossed for a good plot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 117
Looks like a good start

Looks really good, way further along than my broadcasted stuff from two weeks ago.

Looking good...not too dense, but good germination, for sure. 2-4 more weeks and you'll know for sure.

MoMatt, How did you plant it? Looks good for two weeks? How much fertilizer and how did you incorporate it into the soil. It looks like it was drilled to me, but I have broadcast some then used a Cultipacker and people swore up and down I had drilled it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was drilled in using a no till rented from the nrcs into a pretty worked seedbed, it had been mowed and disced twice the week before as it had a lot of doesn't rye and ragweed, then after I spread fertilizer I disced it again. Oh I think there was around 50 lbs per acre n. I told the kid at the coop I wanted 500 lbs of n, but looking at the receipt last week I saw the mix he blended only contained 250lbs. I will have to top dress in a couple weeks, which might not be all bad as we've had several inches of rain.

The germination isn't as good where the heavy drill and the tractor tires overlapped between passes.