2,4-D mix rate?

Tap

5 year old buck +
I want to spot spray 2,4-D LV4 (66.2%) on mostly wild garlic and maybe a little thistle.
The label only shows amount per acre.
Is there any rule of thumb on mixing small batches?

Mine has a table that shows .25%, .5%, and 1% concentrations. I mixed mine to 1%.

I can take a photo of it later.

Mine has a table that shows .25%, .5%, and 1% concentrations. I mixed mine to 1%.

I can take a photo of it later.
Thanks.
My label only shows amount per acre. Nothing on it about percentage strength of the mixture.

What were you trying to control with the 1% mix and did it work?
And did you add any surfactant (non ionic or crop oil)?

It is difficult to estimate. The label still wants you to estimate the rate you spray on 1000 sqft as if broadcast in pints per acre. Pages 2-3 have instructions for spot treatment. Example: for 2pt/acre treatment .... 2pt/acre is equal to 3/4oz per 1000sqft. If you will spray 1 gal per 1000/sq ft, add 3/4oz per gal. Problem is, there is no way to know how much of any mix each person is going to hand spray down on any area. % in the tank does not indicate how much herbicide is used per sqft or per acre.

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ldCHI001.pdf

It is difficult to estimate. The label still wants you to estimate the rate you spray on 1000 sqft as if broadcast in pints per acre. Pages 2-3 have instructions for spot treatment. Example: for 2pt/acre treatment .... 2pt/acre is equal to 3/4oz per 1000sqft. If you will spray 1 gal per 1000/sq ft, add 3/4oz per gal. Problem is, there is no way to know how much of any mix each person is going to hand spray down on any area. % in the tank does not indicate how much herbicide is used per sqft or per acre.

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ldCHI001.pdf
Thanks. The label in your link is a better label that what's on my jug. Nowhere on the label does it refer to spot treatments or percentages.
And actually, I thought about using a homemade, mini weed wiper not actually spraying. The garlic is taller than any other growth around it so I think a wiper would work well on the micro areas I want to treat.

Thanks.
My label only shows amount per acre. Nothing on it about percentage strength of the mixture.

What were you trying to control with the 1% mix and did it work?
And did you add any surfactant (non ionic or crop oil)?

Dandelions and other lawn weeds. It works, but it's sloooooowwww.

Here's the chart.

Attachments

• IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 17
Here are my notes on using 2-4,D:

2-4,D

For control of broadleaf weeds in grasses. Use 1 quart 2-4,D and 1 pint crop oil per acre.

For broadleaf weed control in lawns mix with water only NO CROP OIL. Use 2-4 pints/acre.

No more than 2 applications per year.

Why is that?

Because that what it says on the label. I don't think I have actually applied it more than once per year.

Here are my notes on using 2-4,D:

2-4,D

For control of broadleaf weeds in grasses. Use 1 quart 2-4,D and 1 pint crop oil per acre.

For broadleaf weed control in lawns mix with water only NO CROP OIL. Use 2-4 pints/acre.

No more than 2 applications per year.

Typically crop oil is specified as a v/v percentage rather than amount per acre. I don't know if there is something special with 24D that is different. All I could find on my 24D Amine label was that it is compatible with crop oil. When it is specified as a v/v percentage, the amount used is specific to the volume of liquid you spray. A 1% V/V for a 50 gal sprayer would be 1/2 gal. For a 25 gal sprayer it would be a quarter gal.

I'll be spraying 24D Ester later this week for Marestail. I see if the label on that says anything different than the one for 24D Amine.

Thanks,

Jack

Ive always used 2 oz per gallon for spot spraying and its worked fine for what ive needed to kill....