11/6 - 9 Point

CrazyEd

5 year old buck +
My closest friend started getting into hunting when he bought a place in Oconto county about 6 years ago. I get up there a few times a year for fishing both on the water and on the ice, the occasional grouse hunt and will bear hunt there in 5 more years. He has been coming to our place for about 3 years now and has learned it's a lot different hunting on our farm than it is the big woods. He pitches in a lot with habitat projects so another set of hands is always appreciated.

Friday morning 11/6 he connected with this great 9 pointer in a jack pine stand that was a little bit out of the wind. We think this guy is probably a 3.5 year old, my buddy was thrilled to say the least. This buck is at least twice as big as anything he has taken in the past, he is on cloud 9 and I couldn't be happier for him. Deer went about 75 yards and piled up right behind my main orchard.

zach2015buck.jpg

Cheers!

Congrats to your friend. Nice buck!

Pretty buck

Nice buck!

Congrats to your friend on a good buck.

Awesome buck. Any of your apples in his belly?

Awesome buck. Any of your apples in his belly?
Ha, no, no apples in side of this guy.

Very nice. Congrats to your buddy.

The way he's holding them antlers, he looks really good at digging holes and throwing bags of black dirt around.

The way he's holding them antlers, he looks really good at digging holes and throwing bags of black dirt around.

Lol, that is one requirement of hunting on our property. You damn well better be strong enough to carry a bag of composted cow shit or pea gravel around.

Nice buck!

Sent from my 8g phone.

Congrats to your bud.