Sprayer storage

RGrizzzz

5 year old buck +
How are you guys storing your sprayers? Our barn is pretty full, and am looking for innovative ways to store a spray that fits in the back of a UTV. (Cropcare 60 gallon) It's a bit awkward for one person to load/unload. Ideally I'd like to find a better way to hang it, than the makeshift "crane" my dad made. There's no power in the barn.

Attachments

• PXL_20240503_221811641.jpg
    PXL_20240503_221811641.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 15
I assume you separate the boom from the sprayer?

Build a dolly that can be rolled around to you bed height. Some 2x4's and caster wheels work well. Sprayer on top shelf, boom on lower. I did this for my tractor grapple and works well.

I assume you separate the boom from the sprayer?

Build a dolly that can be rolled around to you bed height. Some 2x4's and caster wheels work well. Sprayer on top shelf, boom on lower. I did this for my tractor grapple and works well.
No, it stays together. It's not designed to come apart easily. Too many nuts and bolts, plus the hoses. There is a foam marker on it as well. It sits on the boom, so it's back heavy. The barn floor is stone, so rolling is t super easy either.

We have the 25 gallon ATV model with the boom too, and that's something one guy can lift easily.

We had an ATV winch in the rafters of my mothers garage for hanging deer to butcher something like that or even a simple cable com-along would likely work fine.

Small 10 watt solar panel on a trolling motor battery, youv'e got power for a winch. Some lights would be a bonus.

Small 10 watt solar panel on a trolling motor battery, youv'e got power for a winch. Some lights would be a bonus.
We do have a spare battery that we use for random stuff. It sits on a charger in the basement. Wouldn't be awful to drive it up to the barn to power a winch the 2-3 times a year we might spray.

Make sure to run with clean water and then RV antifreeze if there is any chance of cold temps. Lots can break if not stored correctly.